If your business isn’t doing as well as it was or as well as it should, there are a few
areas to look at:
- How friendly are they?
- Are they still motivated?
- Is there anything you
- do that demotivates them?
- Staff represent you and your business so they are a valuable asset that should be valued.
- Good staff will move on if they are unhappy,
- because they can.
- Maybe they need refresher training.
- Maybe they would like a development plan.
- Hold one to one discussions and find out how they feel.
- Also consider what physical impression they give, is personal hygiene an issue?
Your "Shop Front"...
- If you have a physical premises, start by looking at your kerb appeal
- Does it need a lick of paint or modernised signage?
- Do people know you are trading or does it look closed or unappealing?
- When you enter (does the front door open easily?)
- What first impressions do customers get?
- Is it clean and light?
- Do you play music?
- Is it the right volume and aimed at your target market?
- If you sell clothes, are they neat and easy to look at or is it hard work, like a jumble sale?
- Have you got your marketing and advertising right?
- Do you have a social media presence?
- Is it maintained and kept updated?
- Could you sell your products online?
- Have a look at Shopify for opening an online store
- Do you run promotions or loyalty schemes (if appropriate for your business type)?
- Are your prices still competitive?
- Have you recently checked the competition?
- Have you recently done any market research?
- Are your customers after something different now?
- Are you still sourcing products or materials from the best place?
Do you need to re brand and do a business make over?
Sam’s Office Services can visit your premises, physically or virtually and produce a report with advice on
areas for improvement and how to go about it.